The SURIM 2021 application is now open! Click here to view the application.
The application requires a résumé or a CV, a copy of your unofficial Stanford transcript, and at least two letters of reccomendations.
The application is due on Sunday, February 28th at 11:59pm.
Below are the criteria you must meet in order to qualify for SURIM:
- You must be a current Stanford undergraduate student to be eligible for SURIM. Students must retain an active undergraduate status throughout SURIM.
- Students must be on their Flex quarter to be eligible for SURIM in the Summer. This is a University wide policy and not solely subject to VPUE or Haas funded programs.
- Students do not need to be enrolled in classes during their Summer Flex quarter.
- Students must have been enrolled in at least two quarters in the 2020-21 academic year to be eligible for SURIM. The two quarters do not need to be consecutive.
You are not eligible for SURIM if:
- You are on suspension.
- You are on a Leave of Absence.
- You are paying graduate tuition.
- You are entering Stanford; before matriculation.
The stipend students will receive for SURIM will be calculated based on criteria determined by VPUE. All accepted SURIM students will receive at least a minimum of $5,000.
Based on need and your location, you may be eligible for additional funds that will be determined on a case-by-case basis by Financial Aid and VPUE.
Additional stipend information:
- Grant funds cannot be disbursed, retained, or used during quarters when students are on suspension.
- Students may only be awarded full-time funding during a Spring or Summer Flex Term.
- Students may not receive both academic units and a stipend for any single project activity.